Apple has announced an augmented reality headset called Apple Vision Pro that “seamlessly” blends the real and digital world. “It’s the first Apple product you look through, and not at,” CEO Tim Cook said of the device, which looks like a pair of ski goggles.
Will It Finally Push Virtual Reality Into the Mainstream — or Is It a Pricey Toy?
Luckily, Vision Pro seems very comfortable thanks to a 3D knitted headband that pairs with a “Light Seal” which is soft and textile, meaning you can presumably wear it for long periods since it’ll be a breathable, cushioned fabric.
Apple Vision Pro price in UK:
it will be available for purchase in early 2024. The Apple Vision Pro is $3499. Ouch. At least for the moment, this is not going to be a product for regular users. That price is not including sales tax as well, so in the UK that price will likely be closer to £4000
Apple Vision Pro release date
Apple Vision Pro Feature:
Due to weight constraints, Apple did not put a battery in Apple Vision Pro. Instead, it can be powered by a braided cable that is attached to a battery pack worn at the hip or plugged into an adapter. The battery pack offers two hours of battery life on a single charge.
There are two micro-OLED displays that deliver over 4K pixels to each eye for a total of 23 million pixels.
Under the hood Apple has fitted the Reality Pro with brand new silicon, the Apple R1 processor, as well as something more familiar to Mac users, the M2 chip. The R1 will process information from the sensors while the M2 provides the power for everything else.
Apple AR/VR headset display and IPD
- Two 1.41-inch micro-OLED panels (one for each eye)
- 4,000 PPI (pixels-per-inch) density
- More than 5,000 nits of maximum brightness
The following are the design specs for the new Vision Pro product:
- Singular piece of three-dimensional polished laminated glass that acts as a lens.
- It is composed of a wide array of cameras and sensors that will provide an unprecedented view of the world.
- Seamless and light-weight frame with a button to capture photos.
- Digital crown to use as a home button and for adjustment.
- Custom aluminum alloy that gently curves to wrap around the face.
- Uses soft textiles for comfort and wearability.
- Has flexible straps that conform to the head.
- Offers micro adjustments during usage.
- Can be used all day when plugged in and up to 2 hours using its battery.
- The battery can be connected via cable.
- Uses Spatial Audio system.
- Uses Apple Silicon with dual-chip design.